🗳 Bargaining Committee Election
Dear postdoc friends,
I am writing to provide information about the Unit 5 Special Membership Meeting to elect a Bargaining Committee, which will take place Wednesday, 9th from 5-7 PM. Here is the agenda package.
At this meeting you will elect up to five members to join the Bargaining Committee which is tasked with negotiating a new collective agreement for Unit 5 (Postdocs). You can find more information about the Bargaining Committee Roles and Responsibilities here.
Nominations are now open! The election procedure is as follows:
- Up to five Bargaining Committee members will be elected at the November 9th Membership Meeting, 5-7pm.
- Nominations are now open and will close during the Membership Meeting. Members in good standing may self-nominate or be nominated by another member in good standing.
- Each nomination requires a seconder and must be accepted.
- Nominations and self-nominations can be made and seconded via email to the Third Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the meeting. Use “Nomination” in the subject line.
- At the meeting, there will be three rounds of calls for nominations. Nominations will then be closed. Each nominated member will then be asked if they accept their nomination.
- If the election is not contested the nominees will be acclaimed as Bargaining Committee members. If the election is contested (if we have more than 5 nominees), each nominee will be given 2 mins to speak.
- Members in attendance will vote electronically and each voter must vote for 5 people in order for their ballot to be valid.
To attend the meeting, you need to register on the Member Portal. For support, consult this guide. You will be sent a Zoom link the morning of the meeting. In order to register, you must sign your Union card!This is what makes you a political member of the Union. Just follow the steps below!
If you have questions, please reach out.
You are your Union!
Third Vice President (Unit 5), CUPE 3902