Prepare to Strike Day! (Wednesday, March 24th at 1-3 PM)
Come out to small, casual, COVID-safe gatherings in several neighbourhoods across the GTA on March 24th from 1-3 PM. Make your own picket signs and show that you’re ready to strike if the University refuses to cooperate with us at the Bargaining Table.
Linked to this, our members will build a ‘sign forest’ by Robarts to show the employer that we’re prepared to fight for a fair agreement. If you can’t join a group, make your own protest sign at home. You can drop off signs at our central meeting spot by the Robarts south exit (Harbord St) between 1-3PM.
Click here to log in and sign up on MemberLink (Hover over “Events,” then click “List of Events” in the menu if you’re not immediately taken to the sign-up page) and join us as we show the employer our solidarity and demonstrate our strike readiness. Once registered, members will receive instructions and a notice about safety protocol on the day.
Here is a list of our locations. Each location will have two Picket Captains, who will act as organisers of the day. Everything will be provided, so you can just turn up. And if the group gets to more than ten, they will split into two. Please email any questions to Zak (Chair Pickets Committee) on firstname.lastname@example.org
- UTSG – Robarts St. George St. (Could be Picketed if high turnout)
- UTSC – Military Trail and Ellesmere/UTSC Main Entrance
- Annex Neighbourhood – Parkette @ Southeast corner of “Bloor and Spadina” (could potentially spread out along Bloor St. / Picket UofT Buildings/worksites)
- “The Village” Barbara Hall Park @ Northeast corner of Church and Dundonald (the 519/Barbara Hall Park)
- Christie Pits Park/Christie Pits subway Station – Southeast Corner of the park
- “Queen West” Trinity Bellwoods Park – Southeast Corner of the park by the steps (Importantly, symbolically, the original location of Trinity College)
- Dufferin Grove (West Side of the Park Across from Dufferin Mall – Near pedestrian crossing)
- St. Clair West Neighbourhood – Wells Hill Park, St. Clair Side – (AKA in front of St. Clair Loblaws across from St. Clair West Station)
- Earlscourt Park (St. Clair Entrance)
- UTM – Inner Circle Road (Between Davis and Kaneff Centre buildings)